Dissemination AGORA Forum & Final Conference
08:30 - 19:00
The final GEM-STONES conference and AGORA Forum will bring together the project’s 15 ERS, partner organisations, senior academics, experts and policy-makers to discuss and disseminate key results of the project. The EU-funded Early Stages Researchers will have a chance to present key findings of their individual research, while joint research efforts will be highlighted at public panels organised around publications by the project’s four Work Packages.
We hope to welcome you at the conference’s public activities, listed below!
Keynote by Prof. Michael Zürn
In collaboration with GEM-STONES, a public academic keynote will be hosted at the Royal Academy of Science, Letters and Fine Arts of Belgium. The keynote is organised as part of the Academy’s series of lectures on “Rencontres internationales: Visions du Monde/Reading the complexity of the World”.
Thursday 5th of March 2020, 18:00-20:00
- “30 Years after the Fall of the Wall: Germany, Europe and Global Governance” By Professor Michael Zürn, Director of the Research Unit Global Governance at the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
Location: Auditorium Albert II, Palais des Academies. Rue Ducale 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. A reception will be hosted at the Academy after the keynote. Please register online here
Parallel panels will be organised around four edited volumes to be published within the framework of the GEM-STONES programme. The panels will be chaired by one of the books’ editors, with participation by contributors as well as experts external to the book.
Friday 6th of March 2020, 9:15 – 10:30
- Supranational Governance at Stake. The EU’s External Competencies caught between Complexity and Fragmentation More
- Global Networks and European Actors. Navigating and Managing Complexity More
Friday 6th of March 2020, 10:45 – 12:00
- Unraveling Ties? The Unintended Consequences of Interregionalism More
- Framing Power Europe? EU External Action on Democracy and Human Rights in a Competitive World More
Location: Insitut d’études Européennes of the ULB. 39 Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. Coffee and tea will be offered before and between the panels. Please register online here.
Friday 6th of March 2020, 18:00-19:30
- “Global Health Governance, the EU and the unfolding Coronavirus Crisis”
- With Prof. Jing Men (College of Europe), Prof. Marius Gilbert (ULB) and Dr. Sameea Ahmed Hassim (EHESS)
Location: Insitut d’études Européennes of the ULB. 39 Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. Refreshments will be offered before the panel. Please register online here.
During the event, IEE-ULB staff and/or external providers will take photographs and film participants and speakers. These photos and videos may be used to promote the IEE. For more information, do not hesitate to check the ULB’s page on the protection of private data.