GEM-STONES foresees a Shared Data-set, which is to be a project-wide endeavour ultimately serving as a collectively compiled empiric resource based on a common data collection strategy covering survey design, coding frames, and the outlines of semi-structured interviews.
GEM-STONES’ Shared Data-set will thus compile empiric resources and gather a variety of data determined by the individual 15 ESRs but collected along a coordinated strategy. The data-set will be based on a common online platform that will provide purposeful management of, and protected access to the information shared each of the 15 ESRs. The content of the data-set will include bibliographical references, surveys, coding books, data sheets, corpuses, transcribed interviews, working papers, etc.
GEM-STONES Shared Data-set usage by its 15 contributing ESRs is to allow them to:
- Check inter-operability and reproducibility of their data
- Peer-review both work and coding
- Collectively write and research
- Foster synergies of scale
- Boost cross-referencing
- Effectively disseminate their work as ultimately, the fountain of information resulting from the collective research project endeavour is to nourish research beyond the lifespan of the project
The ESRs will receive training on the use of the Shared Data-set during Methods Workshops organised in 2017.
This project has received funding from the European Union's horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Grant Agreement No 722826.